Let's talk about Maple Syrup!
The amount of things you can do with this versatile sweeter is quite amazing not to mention the health benefits. We will show you today a great recipe for creating granola using Northern Eagle Maple Syrup as the key ingredient!
With granola you are wanting something that can be sustainable, energizing, and tasty. Making sure you have the correct balance of Macro -Nutrients is key for just that. Let’s put together the list of Ingredients your are going to need for this one.
2. Nuts/Seeds (Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds)
2. Cranberries, Dried Blueberries
3..Unrefined Oils (Coconut Oil) Salt and Spices (Cinnamon, Pumpkin Spice) 4.Sweetener ( Northern Eagle Maple Syrup) Coconut Flakes
- 1 Half Sheet Cooking
- Pan 1 parchment paper
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (use certified gluten-free oats for gluten-free granola)
- 1 ½ cup raw nuts and/or seeds
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt (if you’re using standard table salt, scale back to ¾ teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup vanilla extract ⅔ cup dried fruit, chopped if large (I used dried cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Pour in the oil, Northern Eagle Maple Syrup and vanilla.
- Mix well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated.
- Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer. Bake until lightly golden, about 21 to 24 minutes, stirring halfway (for extra-clumpy granola, press the stirred granola down with your spatula to create a more even layer).
- The granola will further crisp up as it cools. Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes). Top with the dried fruit (and optional chocolate chips, if using).
- Break the granola into pieces with your hands if you want to retain big chunks, or stir it around with a spoon if you don’t want extra-clumpy granola.
- The dried fruit can freeze solid, so let it warm to room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
If you like this recipe and would like to share this article please do so.
Also don't forget we have amazing Maple Syrup from Northern Eagle Market!
Buy some today at: